Everyone: The IABC Ilima awards will be postponed until June. We are determining the date. Thank you for your patience.
Senior Communications Consultant II
Director, Corporate Communications
Works with senior management and takes lead role in helping Company prepare for and manage issues through communications planning including technical writing and interpretation of Company financial results and regulatory matters. Develops (directly or through supervising staff) clear, concise and credible communications vital to the Company’s ongoing relationships with its employees, customers, legislators, regulators and other audiences. Serves as an important communications link between Senior Management and all other Company employees. Go to www.heco.com and click on ‘Jobs’ for more information.
To request a job posting, contact the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own. - Carol Burnett
Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Communications-Alumni and Donor Relations
Full-Time, Exempt Status
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator supports the development and implementation of a comprehensive, strategic, donor-centered communications and marketing plan for fundraising at the University of Hawai’i Foundation (UHF).
As an integral part of the Communications Department the coordinator will provide graphic design, editing, project management, digital communications, social networking and marketing support.
The position reports to the Director of Communications.
Working closely with the Director of Communications, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will:
- Design and produce marketing materials to support the mission of the University of Hawai’i Foundation. This includes but is not limited to graphic design for fundraising cases for support, brochures, special event invitations and programs, fact sheets, advertisements, and the quarterly print newsletter Kupono.
- Develop and implement a web and print marketing strategy for the Office of Estate and Gift Planning (OEGP)
- Design and coordinate OEGP’s print and digital marketing pieces. This includes buckslips, birthday cards, advertisements and direct mail.
- Work with OEGP to ensure strong and consistent messaging and develop professional, UHF branded PowerPoints for presentations
- Oversee the OEGP web page, develop content and liaise with vendors to keep site regularly updated.
- Design and deploy UHF e-newsletters and other digital communications to donors, prospects and employees. This involves working with the Director of Communications and the Associate Director of e-communications and multimedia
- Provide research and editorial assistance as needed.
- Support Director of Communications in developing website content and keeping the site populated with fresh, relevant content. This includes drafting copy for photo galleries.
- Serve as UHF photographer when needed.
- Support Associate Director of e-communications and multimedia with video production as needed.
- In partnership with other members of the Communications team, implement the UHF social networking strategy. This includes monitoring, analyzing and posting to Google ads, Facebook, Twitter and Google +.
- Perform other related work duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, multimedia, or a related field.
- Requires ability to define goals and objectives, identify target audiences, and develop and implement strategic plans to accomplish communication goals.
- Strong multitasking skills a must.
- Ability to work well in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Skilled graphic designer with strong portfolio to draw from.
- Expertise in graphic design, Adobe Design Premium suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator etc.)
- Intermediate web development experience with understanding of HTML.
- Broad-based knowledge and skills related to advancement and fundraising in higher education a plus.
- Marketing analysis experience a plus.
- Must possess strong time management skills to plan, manage, and coordinate activities.
- Digital photography.
- Team player who can collaborate and embody the Foundation’s values of service; excellence; integrity; trust; teamwork and accountability.
- Sense of humor and flexibility.
Based at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, the position requires travel, mostly by auto, but occasionally by other modes of transportation, and can occasionally require over night and weekend stays. Employee must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. If not, employee must be able to provide an acceptable alternate method of transportation.
Career Site: www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org
Communications Consultant Senior
Job Summary: Responsible for providing complex communications consultation, communications planning, implementation and recommended solutions for multiple Kaiser Permanente programs and projects (targeting both internal and external audiences) to meet organizational brand and reputation goals. Acquires the input and resources of other communications staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects. May supervise other communications staff for the purpose of implementing specific communications projects, events, or programs.
- Develops and implements communications plans and tactics to fulfill the strategic and operational goals and objectives of the overall communications program developed by appropriate leadership for his/her clients todeliver, promote and protect the organization’s brand and reputation.
- Provides communications consulting to internal clients on internal and external communications. Consulting activity varies from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing customized communications materials.
- Strategizes with client, writes creative briefs, researches and analyzes information, prepares presentations, plans logistics, and manages overall coordination.
- Ensures content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand.
- Manages and completes multiple assignments simultaneously and coordinates diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program.
- Acquires the input and resources of other communications staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects.
- Coordinates the deliverables of other communicators in the organization to ensure that special projects are in compliance with negotiated timelines/financial allocations.
- Implements measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- May supervise external vendors and other communications staff for the purpose of implementing specific communications projects, events, or programs.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, standards, theories and methods.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP. Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist
Minimum Education Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent related experience.
Minimum Work Experience
- Seven years of experience in marketing or corporate communications environment.
- Recent experience in planning and implementing complex communications plans and projects for a large complex organization.
- Agency and health care background with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
Please email the webmaster, email@example.com, regarding job postings. Thanks.
To see more job postings, see the IABC Career Network/Jobs page
Bennet Group Strategic Communications seeks a self-directed, detailed-oriented individual to fill an account coordinator position at the firm. Must also possess the ability to coordinate multiple activities and effectively manage workflow under pressure of project deadlines. Pay commensurate with experience level.
Required skills include, but are not limited to:
- Robust writing skills– including news releases in AP style, fact sheets, media advisories, talking points, copy for newsletter, brochures and websites, etc.
- Experience with social media management, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills to assist with account management and day-to-day account activities.
- Strategic and creative thinking abilities – for help with development and implementation of public relations plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field.
Desired skills include:
- Media pitching experience – reaching out to local and national media including TV, radio, print and online media outlets.
- Client-relations experience to effectively assist with day-to-day account activities.
- Experience working in public relations position or equivalent.
Must already live in Honolulu for consideration, no relocation packages are offered.
Bennet Group PR offers great perks: Work from home, company provides laptop, iPad, iPhone, Internet service. Full medical/dental benefits at small cost to employee, 401K plan after one full-year of employment.
Bennet Group is among the top five public relations agencies in Hawaii. Bennet Group is an environment that requires hard work and drive, but rewards the same with advancement within the company. We provide public relations counsel and marketing support to many of Hawaii’s top businesses and organizations. To learn more about our company, visit: www.BennetGroup.com
Send resume and salary requirements to: Su Shin, senior vice president, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post a job opening, please contact the webmaster at email@example.com
IQ PR is a looking for a media relations and social media superstar in our Honolulu office.
We are a boutique PR agency with offices in Honolulu, San Francisco and New York. We have a roster of great clients in a variety of market sectors, including travel, biotech, e-commerce, financial services, and technology. To help us provide world-class service to these clients, we’re looking for an Account Supervisor who has a proven ability to engage with target audiences through traditional and social media. Our Account Supervisor will be part of a senior-level, experienced team that is known for providing strategic communications counsel and flawless execution. Our senior people work alongside all team members, providing mentorship and guidance.
As an Account Supervisor, you will have day-to-day client interaction. You will help make strategy recommendations and manage communications programs for our clients. You will also be responsible for the flawless execution of those programs, which will include mainstream media relations, relationship building with third-party influencers, content development, and social media work. This is a significant opportunity for you to help drive our agency’s growth.
Position Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of six years of PR experience
- Strong media contacts and media relations expertise, including strategy development and a proven track record in securing coverage
- Ability to align PR programs with a client’s business objectives
- Specific experience in managing social media programs for community engagement, marketing and relationship building
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Confidence to counsel very smart clients and make your own strategic recommendations
- Ability to translate industry jargon and technical information into clear, compelling language
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects, requests, and responsibilities
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver great results for our clients
- Self motivation
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism)
- Utmost professionalism at all times
- Program management, including planning, developing and implementing client initiatives
- Media relations strategy and execution
- Social media strategy and execution
- Client relationship building, insightful strategy recommendations and exceptional work product
- Collaboration with other members of the IQ PR team
- Development of written communications pieces, including news releases, social media content, reports, presentations, media pitches, etc.
- Adherence to timelines, identifying and enlisting resources to ensure work is completed on time
- Mentoring junior team members
- Partnering with IQ PR leadership on new business initiatives
If you are interested in, and qualified for, this position, then we’d love to talk with you. Please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your submission must include the following information:
- Years of direct PR experience — media relations
- Years of direct PR experience — social media
- Specific PR activities and accomplishments